Manage the door of your event with BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager), a free app for Apple and Android Devices that enables Universe event hosts to accurately and efficiently scan tickets/manually check-in attendees and sell tickets at the door.
BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) is available as a free download from Apple’s App Store or Google's Play Store. To view a guide on BoxOffice(formerly known as TicketManager) for Android click here.
How it works:
Checking guests into your event is easy; all you need is your iOS device and the BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) app. No additional scanner or device is needed. Tickets can be displayed either electronically or printed off.
Hosts can check in attendees at the door using BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) on multiple devices, simultaneously, to ensure quick entrance. Our servers take note – if a ticket has already been scanned, BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) will notify the scanner and ask if they want to check this guest in again.
To get started using the Universe BoxOffice App (iOS):
1. Download BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) for free from the App Store (Apple).
2. Open the app and log-in to your Universe account.
Note: Click here for information on adding users to your 'Organization' with At-The-Door permissions only.
How to scan tickets and check-in guests
1. Once logged in, the app will default to the 'Scan' tab. By default, all upcoming events and ticket types will be selected, and will be able to be scanned in as valid. If needed, this can be filtered for specific events and ticket types. If this is not needed, skip to step 3.
Note: Your next upcoming event and all events within 72 hours of that event will be available on the app. Events that have ended or do not start within 72 hours of your next event, will not show.
3. To scan a ticket, hold your device over the QR code barcode on the attendees ticket. Centre the barcode and the camera will automatically focus and scan the ticket.
When the ticket is successfully scanned you'll see a valid scan confirmation on your screen along with the attendee name and ticket type.
To view additional attendee data, select the up arrow in the green scan message to expand the fields displayed.
Note: If the ticket is not valid you will see an 'invalid ticket' warning message on the screen.
If the ticket has already been scanned, you will see a 'checked in' warning with the date and time of the last logged check-in. You will also have the option to check the guest in again.
Tip: If you are scanning in a dark area, you can turn on your device's flashlight by selecting the lighting bolt button toward the top right corner of your screen when on the 'Scan' tab.
4. To manually check in an attendee (rather than scanning their QR code) select the 'Guest List' tab from the bottom of the screen.
From there, click the 'Search Name or Email' field at the top of your screen and start typing the attendees name or email. Once the name appears on your list, you check them in by tapping their name. Once checked-in a blue check mark will appear.
Note: Tickets can be 'unchecked' once they are scanned or checked in by tapping on the attendee's name on the 'Guest List'. This will open a pop-up where you can make the attendee's ticket valid again.
Tip: On BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) the 'Guest List' will keep track of which tickets were scanned into your event. On web, you can track check-ins using the 'Check-ins' report on the 'Reports' tab of your event's Event Manager. These reports are kept up-to-date in real time. Click here to learn how to access your reports.
How to sell tickets at-the-door:
Note: Only events started within 72 hours are available on the BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) app. If no events are happening within 72 hours, your next upcoming event will show.
1. Once logged in to the iOS BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) app, select the 'Sell' tab from the menu along the bottom of your screen. A list of available events and tickets types will show.
Note: Tickets that are set to be available Everywhere (default) or At The Door Only will be displayed in the app. Any Ticket Types set to Online Only will not be bookable in the app. You can edit this at any time from the Basic Information tab on your Event Manager page.
2. Build your order by setting a quantity for each ticket type in the order. You can set a quantity by tapping on the plus or minus sign beside each relevant ticket type. Once you’ve selected all ticket quantities for the order, select the blue bar at the bottom of your screen.
Note: It's not possible to build an order for more than one event page or more than one date/time on an event at the same time.
3. If the buyer is paying by credit card, enter their payment information and email address (optional) and click 'pay' in the blue bar along the bottom of the screen to confirm your order. You will see a confirmation on the screen when the payment is complete.
If the order is free, the credit card fields will not show. If the buyer is paying outside of Universe, select the 'Cash' tab and enter any desired information and select the pay button at the bottom of your screen.
Note: If the optional email address field is left blank, buyers will not receive their tickets or receipt.
For information on creating a BoxOffice (formerly known as TicketManager) Team to enable people to check-in attendees and sell tickets at the door for your event, without logging someone into your account or sharing your log-in details, click here.