The create a team feature allows people to scan tickets and check people into your event without logging into your account. Please note that this feature is only compatible with Android and IOS devices.
To create a Team, have Team Members or people that will be scanning tickets at the door, download the BoxOffice(formerly known as TicketManager) app available here. As the host, you will also need to be logged in to the app.
Once the app is downloaded, have team members/scanners click on the 'Join a Team' button on the home screen of the app. Their next step will be to scan a QR code from your device.
Note: Once your team members have joined your team, they will not be able to have access to your Universe account or log-in details.
From your app, select the ’Settings' tab located in the bottom right corner of the app.
Select ‘Invite Teammates’ from the menu on the following page. This will reveal a QR code.
Have your team members scan the QR code on your device to join your team. You can customize the permissions of each individual team member by toggling on/off the different capabilities that they can achieve.
On the ‘Invite Teammates’ screen, hosts can allow the following options:
- Allow Selling: Allow team members to sell tickets at the door.
- Allow Scanning: Allow team members to scan tickets at the door.
- Allow Dashboard Access: Allow team members to access your entire dashboard and have an overview of your whole account.
- Allow Refunds: Allow team members to process refunds on your behalf.
- Match Current Filters: The new team member with the app will get the same filters as the phone that is sharing the QR code for join team
- Allow Filter Editing: Allows the team member to change the filters on the app. If it’s toggled off, it will be locked.
Tip: You can save time by setting your filters on one device, and then scanning the QR code with your other devices to replicate those settings. (ex: Match Current Filters - ON and Block Filter Editing - ON)
Warning: The join team QR codes that are generated to be scanned by your team members do expire. An expiration time at the bottom of the QR code will show how long each code is valid for.
To avoid any confusion, your team members can view what permissions they have access to by navigating to a page called "Teammate Permissions".
Team members can view what permissions they were given by going to the settings page and selecting 'Teammate Permissions' tab from the menu on the following page.
They can view what permissions they’ve been given from this page
For more information on BoxOffice(formerly known as TicketManager) and how to check-in attendees and sell tickets at the door, click here.