Ticket Upgrades allows you to change the ticket type of a ticket in a buyers order for your event. If there is a difference in payment that needs to be collected or refunded, this will need to be done outside of Universe. When a ticket is upgraded, all data is updated accordingly.
Warning: Upgrades cannot be reversed however, they can be “upgraded” to any available ticket type on your event listing.
To Upgrade a Ticket:
1. Log-in to your Universe account, go to your My Events page, and select the title of the event you would like to manage.
2. From your event's 'Manage' page, select the 'Orders & Attendees' option from the menu down the left side of your screen.
3. Next, select either the 'Orders' tab or the 'Attendees' tab depending on which information you would like to view.
4. Locate the Order or Attendee, select the ‘Actions’ dropdown menu and choose the ‘Upgrade Tickets’ option.
5. A pop-up window will appear. Select the ticket type you would like to update each ticket to and click ‘Confirm’.
Note: In the pop-up, once the new Ticket Type is selected, the checkout questions associated with that Ticket Type will show. If the data collected in the original purchase also applies to the new Ticket Type it will be pre-filled with the option to edit the information.
Note: If checkout questions are turned off, no fields will show. Order Level checkout questions will not show and will remain unchanged after an upgrade.
6. Once the upgrade is successful, all data and reports will be updated accordingly. This includes your Account Dashboard, Overview Page in the Event Manager, the Reports page, Orders & Attendees, and Reports.
Note: You can download the Tickets Report to view which ticket has been upgraded under the 'ticket status' column. The upgraded ticket will appear as a new order.
Warning: Tickets cannot be upgraded if:
- Capacity of the Ticket Type you would like to upgrade to has been reached
- The ticket is for add-on or reserved seating event
- The ticket was purchased using a payment plan
- The ticket was purchased using Sepa Debit, Sofort, Pay By Invoice, or GloBee
- The ticket is currently ‘Pending Transfer’ or is for an order is a transfer
- The ticket is not in a confirmed/Paid State; you can view what each ticket status means, here.
Note: An email will automatically be sent to the buyer/ticket holder, once a ticket is upgraded successfully. They will also have access to the upgrade history for that ticket on their 'My Ticket' page.