Refunds and cancellations can be issued at any time before your event ends. If you are issuing refunds to cancel your event, each order must be cancelled individually. To issue a refund for an order after the event has ended, please contact us.
Tip: Set a refund policy to let buyers know what to expect before purchasing their tickets. This can help reduce the number of refund requests you receive for your event.
Warning: Starting April 1, 2020 all accounts will have a non-refundable processing fee through Stripe Connect for cancelled tickets.
Note: If you have purchased tickets to an event and are looking to request a refund, click here.
To cancel an order and issue a refund for your event:
1. Log-in to your Universe account, go to your My Events page and select the event you would like to manage.
2. From your 'Event Manager', select the 'Orders & Attendees' option from the menu down the left side of your screen.
3. From the 'Orders' tab, locate the order you would like to cancel/refund using the search bar. You can search by the buyer's first name, last name, email, order ID, or the last 4 digits of the credit card they used.
4. Open the drop-down menu by clicking on the three dots beside the order, and choose the option 'Refund & Cancel'.
5. A popup will appear for you to confirm the action you would like to take. The default state of the modal is a full order cancellation and refund.
If you need to take action on a specific ticket(s) only, you can set a custom refund amount with or without cancellation on it.
6. When ready, select the button at the bottom of the modal to confirm your action. Any action taken here cannot be undone.
Once cancelled, the buyer will receive a cancellation confirmation email and the refund will take a few days to appear in their bank account.
Warning: Once a ticket has been cancelled, no further action can be taken on a ticket. If a ticket is cancelled but not refunded in full, it will not be possible to refund any additional funds associated with that ticket.
Article is closed for comments.