Note: The features mentioned in this article are currently in Closed Beta.
The new Timeslots page in your event manager allows you to enable and disable one, some, or all ticket types on a timeslot-by-timeslot level. In future releases, this page will allow you to adjust the quantity and price of ticket types on a timeslot level.
How to Edit Ticket Type Availability
- Open the Event Manager of your timed entry event and go to the Timeslots tab, under the 'Event Information' menu. The Timeslots tab will show a calendar with all of your event dates, and a list of the timeslots on your selected date.
Note: You are only able to edit availability for future timeslots. Once a timeslot begins, you are no longer able to edit the ticket types available.
- From the calendar, select the date that you would like to edit.
- From the list of timeslots on the right, click the gear icon next to the timeslot you would like to edit. This will open the ticket type list, which displays all ticket types that are available for that timeslot.
Note: The ticket type list will only allow you to view and toggle ticket types enabled for that timeslot on the 'Tickets' tab. Eg. If you set up a Ticket Type in the Tickets tab to only be available on weekends, it will only show in the Timeslots tab for weekend dates.
- Click the toggle beside the Ticket name you would like to disable and click the Save button. You can turn off as many tickets per timeslot at once as you like.
Note: While you can edit multiple ticket types at once, you can only save changes to one timeslot at a time. To edit ticket types across multiple timeslots, make the desired changes to your first timeslot, save the changes, and then proceed to your next timeslot.
- The ticket types you turned off will now no longer show as available to ticket buyers when they attempt to purchase tickets for that timeslot.
- To Re-Enable the ticket type for a timeslot, simply select the timeslot from the list, turn the toggle next to the ticket type back on, and save.
Total Change Limit
On each event you are limited to making 1,000 changes in total to ticket availability. Each ticket type on a particular timeslot that you disable counts against this total, even if you re-enable it in the future. However, each ticket type only counts towards the limit once, no matter how many times you adjust the availability.
For example, if you disable a ticket type on a timeslot, then re-enable it in the future, it will count as one change against the total. You can disable and re-enable that same item as many times as you like, and it will still only count as one change
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I disable all ticket types for a timeslot?
If all ticket types are disabled, that timeslot will show as 'Sold Out' to customers
Does disabling a timeslot remove it from the BoxOffice App or Add Attendees?
No. This feature only hides ticket types from the customer-facing checkout. You can still sell disabled ticket types at-the-door with our BoxOffice App, or manually add tickets via our Add Attendees feature.