If you need to cancel your event, follow the steps outlined below to refund all buyers, cancel tickets and take down or edit your event page. If you are thinking of rescheduling your event to a new date or an unknown date, please follow our guide: Reschedule your event.
What to do in the case of an event cancellation:
1. If your event is still live and selling tickets, the first step is to hide all ticket types.
- From the side menu, select Event Information and then select the Tickets tab from the drop down menu.
- Click on the gear icon beside each ticket and select the 'Hidden' tab under 'ticket status'.
Tip: Setting your tickets to hidden ensures that no one else can buy tickets to your event while you’re working on refunds, etc.
2. Notify all attendees of the situation
- You can send a message through Universe by navigating to the Orders & Attendees tab and clicking the 'Message Attendees' button.
Note: You can also download your attendee report and use the emails listed there to contact your attendees using your own email.
3. Process refunds
- Universe Payments: you can go ahead and start refunding from the Orders & Attendees tab, here’s how.
- Stripe Connect: first, ensure you have sufficient funds in your account to cover these refunds before proceeding with issuing refunds from the Orders & Attendees tab.
Note: a refund will not be able to be processed if there is an open chargeback on the order, if the order has been transferred, or if they order had been partially refunded and cancelled already.
4. Once all refunds have gone through, you will be able to set your event back to draft by clicking “unpublish my event” at the top left corner of your event manager. Unpublishing will take your event offline so that nobody else will be able to purchase tickets.
Note: If you would like to keep your listing live but prevent people from buying tickets, you will need to change the settings on specific ticket types so that buyers can no longer purchase tickets.