If you need to cancel your event, follow the steps outlined below to refund all buyers, cancel tickets and take down or edit your event page.
What to do in the case of an event cancellation:
1. If your event is still live and selling tickets, the first step is to hide all ticket types.
- Navigate to the 'Basic Information' section of your event page and scroll down until you see 'What tickets will you offer?' Once you have located the ticket types you are offering, click on the gear icon beside each ticket and select the 'Hidden' tab under 'ticket status'.
Tip: Setting your tickets to hidden ensures that no one else can buy tickets to your event while you’re working on refunds, etc.
2. Notify all attendees of the situation
- You can send a message through Universe by navigating to the 'Orders & Attendees' tab and clicking the 'Message Attendees' button.
Note: You can also download your attendee report and use the emails listed there to contact your attendees using your own email.
3. Process refunds
- Universe Payments: you can go ahead and start refunding from the Orders & Attendees tab, here’s how.
- Stripe Connect: first, ensure you have sufficient funds in your account to cover these refunds before proceeding with issuing refunds from the Orders & Attendees tab.
Note: a refund will not be able to be processed if there is an open chargeback on the order or if the order has been transferred.
4. Once all refunds have gone through, you will be able to set your event back to draft by clicking “unpublish my event” at the top left corner of your event manager. Unpublishing will take your event offline so that nobody else will be able to purchase tickets.