Create discount codes that can apply to a single ticket type, a single event, or all events in your account. For each discount code, set the percentage off or fixed amount (per ticket), the number of tickets each code can be applied to, and which ticket types each code can be applied to. Discount codes can be managed and/or edited at any time.
Note: Only one discount code can be used per order at checkout.
This article includes:
-How to create/manage event discount codes
-How to create/manage global discount codes
-Editing permissions for team members to create discount codes for your events
-Excluding ticket types from having discount codes apply to them
To create/manage event discount codes:
1. Log-in to your Universe account, go to your My Events page and select the event you would like to manage.
2. From your Event Manager, select the Discount Codes option from the menu down the left side of your screen.
3. To add discount codes one at a time, click 'Add Discount Code' and enter the details for your code. Save your changes towards the top left of your screen. To bulk upload discount codes, proceed to step 4.
4. To create multiple discount codes at once, you can upload them in bulk from a CSV file. To do so, create a spreadsheet document that has only 1 column containing only the discount code names you would like to create.
Note: A maximum of 1000 codes can be uploaded at once by .csv
5. To upload the file, select the 'Import from CSV' button located in the top right of your page and select the file from your computer.
6. Enter the details for all codes in your bulk upload. The details of all codes in a single upload will be the same. When done, click 'save'.
Note: Once the upload has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with information on any codes that could not be uploaded (i.e. duplicate codes, etc.).
Tip: Select the 'Configure Applicable Rates' tab to set whether or not each ticket type you have created will accept discounts or not by toggling ON/OFF. Your settings on the 'Configure Applicable Rates' tab will override the 'Manage Discount Codes' tab.
For example, if a discount code is set to 'apply to all ticket types' under the 'Manage Discount Codes' tab, it will not be valid for any ticket types set to off on the 'Configure Applicable Rates' tab. And, if a rate is set to off, the rate will not show in the rate selection dropdown on the Manage Discount Codes tab.
To create/manage global discount codes:
2. To add GDCs one at a time, click 'Add Discount Code' and enter the details for your code. Save your changes towards the right of your screen.
Edit Discount Code Permissions For Team Members
How to exclude a certain ticket type from a GDC
Please sign in to leave a comment.