Manually add complimentary or paid orders for your event through Event Manager.
This feature is commonly used to send complimentary tickets, to issue tickets for guests that have paid outside of Universe, or if you are processing a payment on your guest's behalf.
Note: Your event must be published in order to manually add tickets.
This article contains instructions for the following:
To Manually Add an Order:
- Log-in to your Universe account, go to your My Events page, and select the event you would like to manage.
- From your 'Event Manager', select the 'Orders & Attendees' option from the menu down the left side of your screen.
- From the 'Orders & Attendees' page, click the 'Add an Order' button on the right side of the screen.
- On the 'Add an Order’ page, select the type of order you will be adding (complimentary or paid) under ‘Order Information’.
- From there, select a timeslot for the order to be added to. If there is only one time for your event, this will already be selected as the “Next Timeslot”. If your event has multiple timeslots, you can find the right timeslot by clicking on “Select Timeslots”. Please note that you cannot add an order to a timeslot that has already ended.
- Click the Calendar icon to view all the days of your events, and select a date. From there, all timeslots on that date will populate.
Select the circle next to your desired timeslot, and click ‘Select Timeslot’.
- Under ‘Select Tickets’, enter the quantity of tickets (per ticket type) you are issuing. A summary of your order will automatically appear on the right-hand side of your screen, showing the breakdown of costs, and the order total.
- Under ‘Select add-ons’ (if applicable to your event) enter the quantity of add-ons you are issuing. Next, click on “Add” and the add-on will appear in your order summary.
- For Complimentary tickets, the ‘Payment Information’ section will automatically appear as ‘COMP’. You have the option to add a custom note that will only be visible to you on your reports. These notes are saved in the Payment Type Details column found in the Orders, Tickets, and other reports.
- For paid orders, the Payment Information section will prompt you to fill in the buyer’s credit card information. Or, you have the option to select ‘Other’ to input an alternate payment method (example: cash, cheque, etc.). Please note that this will only be reflected on your personal reports.
- Enter the Buyer's information. Please note that even for Complimentary orders, this field is mandatory.
- Enter the Attendee information. All fields in the Attendee information section are optional. The Buyer of the order will receive all tickets in the order and if an email is entered for an attendee, that guest will receive all tickets under their email as well.
Note: If you would like to collect attendee data in your reports, attendee information must be entered per ticket.
- When ready, click “Create order” at the bottom of the page to issue your tickets.
- All orders that have been manually added via “Add an Order” will show in your reports.
- Orders will appear with add_an_order as the purchase channel.
- If you issued complimentary tickets, they will be labelled ‘COMP’ in the promo code column in your reports.
- Orders labelled 'Other’ will appear as ‘offline' payments and the net earnings will be reflected in your reports.
- Users can add custom reporting notes on their orders in the ‘Payment information’ section.
To enter attendee information via bulk upload:
Note: If you are issuing a bulk amount of tickets using the bulk-import feature, it is suggested to do this process separately for each ticket type you offer and to upload no more than 200 tickets at a time.
Note: To avoid possible data loss, when uploading your CSV file the preferred format is UTF-8 encoded. You can save your excel file as a UTF-8 CSV when you do a "save as" operation, and select the option from the menu:
- Select the desired timeslot and enter the quantity of tickets you will be issuing under the ‘Order Information' section.
- Select 'Import from CSV' below the ‘Order Information’ section. Upload a CSV file that contains attendee information in the following format: first name in column A, last name in column B, and email in column C. There should also be an additional column for each attendee checkout question you have set up, in the order that they appear.
3. Once you have selected your CSV file, click the checkbox if your CSV file contains a header row.
4. Once you have imported your CSV file, your attendee information for each ticket will appear in the appropriate fields.
5. When ready, click “Create order” at the bottom of the page to issue your tickets.
Article is closed for comments.