Easily integrate your Universe event with Google Analytics 4, the new version for Google Analytics, to track visitors and conversions for your event.
Before continuing, you need to have a Google Analytics property and a web stream that you want to use. If you haven't used Google Analytics before, follow these instructions to create a property to use.
Now you are ready to connect Universe with Google Analytics by copying your property's Tracking ID and adding to Universe:
1. Navigate to the Data Streams section of your property you want to use as shown below:
2. Select your web Data Stream:
3. Copy your Measurement ID from the Web Stream details section:
4. Once copied, go back to your Event Manager in Universe, and click on the 'Integrations' tab from the menu along the left side of your page.
5. Paste the Measurement ID in the 'Google Analytics' section.
6. Click Save.
That's it! All visitor and purchase data will be automatically sent to Google Analytics.
Don't forget to enable the improved measurement for pageviews and scrolls from the GA4 interface in the "web stream details" section. Find more information here.
Prior to pageviews Enhanced measurement feature, “Select Tickets” were the only measure and reported pageviews in Universal Analytics. Today, with this feature more pageviews are expected in your GA4 reports (e.g. Ticket Information, Payment Information, etc), given that all pages of the flow are being measured and reported.
Note: You'll need to follow the steps above for each event if you have multiple events.
If you are interested to see which marketing channels are providing you with the most converting traffic, check out ourAcquisition and Ecommerce Google Analytics Tracking Guide.