With Universe’s Google Ads integration, you can easily track conversions for your Google Ads campaigns.
Google Ads (formerly AdWords) is Google's online advertising program that connects your business with the people making searches. You can create any number of marketing campaigns through Google Ads and measure the success of each via conversion tracking.
Think of it like a funnel:
Google Search > Google Ad > Your Website > Universe Checkout > Universe Ticket Purchase
The more people to make it through the funnel the more successful your campaign has been. The more successful your campaign has been, the more tickets you’ve sold and we like the sound of that.
To use Universe’s Google ads integration you will need:
- An Event on Universe (Create an event)
- A Google Ads account
- An active Google Ads campaign
- A conversion action to track.
Note: For more information about Google Ads please read the Google Ads set up guide or visit the Google Ads Help center
You will be able to track the following conversions:
- Checkout - The checkout conversion will be triggered whenever someone opens the checkout page, whether that be via your event page on Universe.com, or via our checkout widget embedded on your personal page.
- Purchase - The purchase conversion will be triggered whenever a purchase is successfully completed. Along with the conversion event we also send the following information:
value:Face Value (Total without fees)
currency: Order Currency
order_id: Confirmation Code
- Pageview - Currently in development and will be released early 2020. This feature will track conversions anytime someone lands on your event page on universe.com
- Global Site Tag - Google Ads provides a Global site tag with all conversion code generated from the User Interface. This global site tag will automatically be loaded when you enter another conversion, however if you wish to load the Global site tag on its own that is possible through this option.
To configure your conversions:
Once you've created your Google Ads campaign you can link the conversions you wish to track to your Universe event's Google Ads integration section by following these steps.
- Log-in to your Universe account, go to your My Events page and select the event you would like to manage.
- From your 'Event Editor', select the 'Integrations' option from the menu down the left side of your screen and scroll until you see Google Ads and click 'Add a new tracking label'.
- Select the type of conversion that you wish to track.
- If you’ve selected Global Site Tag conversion type, enter your
- If you’ve selected Checkout or Purchase conversion type, enter your
To find your send_to or conversion id:
send_to field is all that’s needed to link checkout or purchase conversions.
send_to field is simply the prefix
AW-, followed by your conversion id (which may be elsewhere referred to as tracking id or remarketing tag), followed by a
/ followed by your conversion label. For example: if
123456789 is your conversion id and
AbC-D_efG-h12_34-567 is your conversion label, the
send_to field would be:
The easiest way to find all of this information neatly packaged together as a formatted
send_to field is via the code snippet that Google provides for your conversion. After creating a conversion on your google ads account click the 'Tag Setup' tab and chose 'install the tag yourself'.
Copy the value of the
send_to field in the code snippet.
Note: Be sure to exclude the single quotes. In this case it would be:
conversion_id: If you selected Global site tag you will be prompted to enter your conversion id. This may also be elsewhere referred to as your tracking id or remarketing tag. If you already have a
send_to field for a conversion you can find it by the first half of this field.
Warning: Remember to save. If everything is formatted correctly you will see a notification that your event’s info has been saved correctly. If there is an issue with saving please double check that you have formatted your input correctly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.