Allow buyers to purchase tickets to your event using cryptocurrencies through our GloBee Integration. GloBee is a global cryptocurrency payment provider which enables merchants to accept cryptocurrencies.
Universe fees for GloBee purchases: The fees on the listing will be the same regardless of the payment method used. For each GloBee order, the payment will be processed outside of Universe and the Fees will be deducted from your (the host's) Universe account balance. The event organizer / Universe account owner is responsible for settling any money owed for any negative balance you may incur. These fees will not be returned for cancelled GloBee orders.
Note: This feature is only available on the Standard Plan. To access this feature, you can upgrade your account at any time here.
Warning: Please ensure you have a thorough understanding of the crypto world and the risks associated with it, such as volatility, before using this feature.
To start accepting cryptocurrencies for your event:
- To use this feature, you’ll need to first create a GloBee account (if you have not done so already). You’ll set which cryptocurrencies you’d like to be able to accept directly in your GloBee account.
- Next, log-in to your Universe account, go to your My Events page and select the event you would like to manage.
- From your 'Event Manager', select 'Payment & Fees' from the menu down the left side of your screen. Then select 'Payment Methods'.
- Scroll down to 'Cryptocurrency Payment Methods’ and use the toggle to enable.
- Once enabled, paste your GloBee API key into the field below.
Note: Your GloBee API key can be found by selecting the API tab from the menu on your GloBee account.
- Once your API key has been entered. Save your changes. Once saved, the option to pay with cryptocurrency will be available on the payment step of checkout.
IMPORTANT Additional Information:
Please note the following information prior to using this feature.
Issuing refunds: Tickets can be cancelled directly through Universe BUT any money that needs to be returned to the buyer will need to refunded through GloBee (or outside of Universe). You will be notified about this in the refund modal when initiating a refund. Refunding through GloBee will return the amount sent at time of payment in the cryptocurrency used.
Limitations of using the GloBee x Universe integration:
- You cannot set your event to "requires approval" if GloBee is enabled (and vice versa)
- Payment Plans can be enabled on the listing but the option to pay with crypto on a payment plan will be disabled
- Our onsite app, BoxOffice, does not accept crypto payments
- Partial refunds are not available for crypto purchases
Understanding the buyer flow for cryto payments: If a buyer selects ‘Cryptocurrency’ at checkout and clicks ‘Pay Now’ -- this will open a GloBee pop-up. The buyer will select from the available cryptocurrencies and then payment instructions will be displayed. At this time, their order is in an UNAUTHORIZED state and is not confirmed -- they will not receive an email and their order will not count towards event capacity. Once they get payment instructions, a few things can happen:
- Success: The buyer sends the correct amount of funds and their order is confirmed. A confirmation email will be sent.
- Overpayment: The buyer sends the event organizer more than the amount owed. The organizer can either accept the overpayment to transition the ticket to ‘Paid’ OR refund the overpayment amount to transition to ‘Paid’. Transitioning to 'Paid' means the order is confirmed, a confirmation email is sent & tickets are available in their Universe account. Both the buyer and the organizer will receive emails when an overpayment happens.
- Underpayment: The buyer sends the event organizer less than the amount owed. The organizer will need to refund the payment directly in their GloBee account and the order will transition to ‘Declined’. The buyer and the organizer will receive emails when an underpayment happens.
- No Payment: If the buyer does not send a payment within 1 hour, they’ll receive an email with a link to pay. If they do not pay within 2 hours, their order will stay in ‘Unauthorized’ state and cannot be transitioned to a confirmed state.
- Correct Amount but capacity reached: If the buyer sends the correct amount of funds, but in the time between clicking pay now and sending their funds, there are no more tickets available. Their order will not be confirmed. The buyer and host will be notified via email and the host will need to return funds to the buyer.