This article is intended for hosts who are processing their payments using Universe Payments. More information on the different payment processing options can be found here.
Funds from your event will be added to your Universe account balance 48 hours after the end of your event. Once the funds have been added to your account balance, they can be requested at any time. Funds are sent via Direct Deposit (worldwide), PayPal (worldwide), Check (US only) or Wire Transfer (available for select currencies). Funds are added to your account in the currency they are sold in and can be withdrawn in most currencies worldwide.
Note: If you are converting your funds from one currency to another during the payout process, you can expect to be charged a foreign currency exchange fee for the conversion. This is not a Universe fee.
The withdrawal process consists of 2 steps:
(1) Requesting your funds from your Universe Dashboard
(2) Once approved, transferring your funds via your Universe Payouts account to your bank account or sending via check.
Note: A Universe Payouts account will need to be set up the first time you request funds to an email address. Once your account is set up and transfer method(s) have been added, you can transfer your funds at any time.
To request your funds from your Universe account balance:
1. Log in to your Universe account and go to your Dashboard.
2. From your Dashboard, select your balance from the right side of your screen.
Note: If you are requesting funds from multiple currency balances, the funds from each currency must be requested separately.
3. From your balance page, select the 'Withdraw Funds' button.
4. Once you select 'Withdraw Funds', you'll be brought to the withdrawal form. Enter the details for your withdrawal and select the 'Request Withdrawal' button at the bottom of the page.
Warning: THE EMAIL ADDRESS ENTERED ON THE FORM IS THE ADDRESS WHERE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS TO WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS WILL BE SENT.
If you are withdrawing to an email address for the first time, you will need to use either the phone number or date of birth entered on the form to validate your Universe Payouts account.
If you plan to transfer your funds via PayPal, the email address used to request your withdrawal must be the same email as on your PayPal account.
5. A modal will appear to review your withdrawal details. Once reviewed, click 'confirm' to submit your request. If any changes are needed, click 'Cancel' to make any updates to your request.
6. Once confirmed, you will be brought to a confirmation screen. This means we have received your request and it is currently under review. The review process takes 1-2 business days on average.
7. Once your request has been approved, an email will be sent to the email address entered on your withdrawal request to set up your Universe Payouts account. Select the 'Activate Account' button.
Note: You will only need to set up your Universe Payouts account one time (per email address). If you have already set up a Universe Payouts account with the email address entered, an email will be sent to notify you that the funds requested have been added to your account balance on your Universe Payouts account. You can log in to your Universe Payouts account at any time from www.universe-payouts.com. If you requested funds using a different email not associated with your Universe Payouts account, you will need to create a new Universe Payouts account.
8. To activate your account, you will need to verify it using either the phone number or date of birth entered on the Universe withdrawal form. Enter your information and click the 'Continue' button.
9. Next, you'll be prompted to continue as either an Individual or a Business and enter some further information about your account. Enter your details and click 'Continue'.
10. Once you have entered your account details, complete the account activation by setting a password for your Universe Payouts account, set 2 security questions, and agree to the terms. Once done, select 'Confirm'.
Once confirmed, your Universe Payouts account will be fully set up and you will not need to go through the account activation process for any subsequent withdrawal request to the email address entered.
Note: Please note that if you are operating in the EU, you will be subject to additional payee verification as required by our provider. Payee verification will need to be completed before funds can be received. After completing the verification, you will receive an email that will confirm the status of your verification. If you have any questions about payee verification, you can reach support by clicking on 'Contact' while logged into your Universe Payouts account.
11. Once your account is activated, you'll be on your Universe Payouts account home screen that will show your available funds, quick links, notifications, and resources along with a task bar along the top of your screen with further options. To request your funds, select the 'Transfer Funds' button.
Warning: Your funds will not be transferred until you click on Transfer Funds and then follow the prompts.
To withdraw funds once you have already set up a Universe Payouts account, please follow our guide: Withdraw funds after you have already set up your account.