Before you publish your event and go live, let’s check over the following:
- Is your event title and description correct?
- Are all schedules and timeslots set up correctly? Once tickets are sold you will not be able to edit/delete any of your timeslots.
- Location – Is the address and venue displayed on your event accurate?
- Is your event set as Public or Unlisted? If you’d like to keep your event private or are still working on content, ensure you have chosen the Unlisted option.
- Is there anything your buyers need to know once they’ve purchased tickets? If so you can add these to the Additional Details section.
- Check here to make sure your Event Cover photo and Social Media photo fit the requirements, you can edit and crop images on this page to fit what you need!
- Have you added all ticket types that are needed with the correct price applied?
- Are descriptions added to ticket types and is this information correct?
- Are there any ticket type specific capacities to be added? Or is there an overall event capacity set?
- If you have different ticket types available for certain days of the week, you can apply rules to your ticket types (e.g Peak/Off Peak tickets).
- If there are specific timeslots you need to customize your ticket types, prices or capacities for you can do this using the Timeslot page.
- Are there specific on-sale and end times for your ticket types and are these set correctly? See more on this here.
- Do you need to hide or lock any of your ticket types? Please make sure these tickets are changed to a Hidden or Locked state before going live.
- Do you need to delay the release of your tickets, you can edit this per ticket type.
- Have you chosen a refund policy which will display to your buyers?
- Is the currency for buyers to purchase and for you to receive funds set up correctly? (This cannot be changed after tickets have been purchased on your event, see more here)
- If you have locked ticket types on your event, have you uploaded and applied your codes to the right ticket types? If needed, have you added a limit per access key?
- Choose whether you’d like to ask for the lead buyer's details or if you’d like to ask the first/last name and email for each guest on a booking. Ensure you have selected either Per order questions or Per Ticket questions.
- Do you need to use the data from your buyers for future marketing? – If so, make sure you have added a question to capture this.
- Do you need to ask for any food/dietary requirements?
- Do you want to ask your buyers VAT/Address information/Postcode?
- Are you processing payments via Universe Payments or Stripe for your event? If you’re using Universe Payments then you’re ready to go, this is automatically enabled for you.
- If using Stripe, have you Switched to Stripe on your account and event? You can do this by going to your Account Settings > Payment Processing > Switch to Stripe.
- To check you’ve got the correct payment processor enabled on your event, go to Payment and Fees > Payment Processors.
- Are all payment methods selected that should be? E.g. – iDeal/Bancontact – see more information here.
- Are you passing your Universe Service fee to buyers or are you absorbing your fees into the ticket face value? (This option depends on your location, see more here).
- Do you need to add any additional fees on your event?
- If required, are there taxes that need adding?
Integrations, Checkout, and Advanced Settings:
- Have you added the proper identification numbers for the campaign tracking available via Universe?
- Upgrades - Do you have ticket upgrades configured on your event? Check this is applied in the correct order before going live.
- Do you want to allow your buyers to edit their tickets or transfer their tickets? You can control this on the Advanced Settings page of your event.
- To save time for your buyers, do you want to allow your ticket holders to move their own tickets to a new date/time if required? You can control this from Advanced Settings on your event under Allow buyers to change date and time.
- If your event is private, ensure you have removed the event from appearing on any of your widgets.
Note - Before launching your event, it is recommended to do a test purchase to ensure all components are set up correctly.